How do we know if what we do makes a difference?
It can be hard to know if we are making a difference and often we are confused about what to measure and how. When evaluating in complexity it is important that we can both measure how far we have come and what we have achieved, and at the same time create direction and continuous learning through an evaluation that helps guide our processes. To do this well, we need a solid theory and framework to guide us in evaluating the work we do.
In all our work we are asked and wonder what difference we make and understand how we can learn, improve and do better work in service of the purpose that we serve. Good evaluation can can help us learn, inform our processes and allow us create greater value.
If we are not aware of how evolution works for us, we end up being dictated and lead by the targets and results.. It is important to be clear when it makes sense to use what measurements either as targets or gauges.
Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted. – Albert Einstein
In this course we explore:
Basic Evaluation theory and Introduction
- Evaluation in unpredictable processes
- Ordered vs unordered systems
- Value creation in participatory processes (Output, Outcomes, Results, Impact)
- Strategy, evaluation and action – all working together and overlapping
- The link between facilitation and hosting participatory processes.
How do I do this? – Introduction to forms of Evaluation
- How do I design an evaluation?
- Harvesting and learning
- The hidden power of evaluation and the power dynamics of evaluation
Power, inclusion and equity
- History of Evaluation
- Equity Evaluation
- Why making choices maters.
How do I work with Evaluators?
- Connecting with Harvesting and Learning
- What can we learn from the field of Evaluation
- What can evaluators learn from facilitators
Developmental Evaluation Approach
- Theory and Framework
- Making sense of emergence
- Awareness of Bias
- Disrupting and learning
- Innovation and Evaluation
- Theory of Change
Who is this course for?
- Leaders – Process and methods
- Evaluators – Process
- Facilitators – Methods and theory
4 Tuesdays | February 5th, 12th, 19th & 26th | 10.00- 12.00 AM Pacific Time
- Pacific time: 10.00
- Mountain time: 11.00
- East Coast time: 12.00
- UK: 18.00
- Central Europe: 19.00
- Eastern Europe: 20.00
In our online learning environments: Zoom, Facebook, & Beehive Production’s Platform
We know that those of you who feel attracted to this course come from all over the world, and financial resources are different depending on income levels in different parts of the world, industries, and life situations.
So we offer a scale of prices to choose from, trusting that everyone will pay what they can and a little bit more, honoring the work of creating this course and being realistic about your economic reality. If you feel called to join and finances is a barrier, get in touch with us and we will find a solution.
- Price option 1: 250 USD – I need a little help
- Price Option 2: 300 USD – Suggested price
- Price Option 3: 3500 USD – I can offer a little help
Team discount for teams of 3 or more: 30% on the regular price.
- Chris Corrigan
- Amy Lenzo
- Rowan Simonsen
- Jera Dean Coffey
- Carolyn Camman